Careers at NAU
Northern Arizona University has multiple Graduate Assistant positions within the Athletic Department available for Fall 2016. The positions begin in August 2016 and are 1-year (9-10 month) appointments with the potential to be renewed upon a successful performance evaluation.
The program will provide Graduate Assistants with practical, professional experiences. The GAs are members of the department staff and will be fully exposed to the daily operations of a Division I Athletics Department in preparation for a future in the business of intercollegiate athletics.
Benefits may include full or partial tuition waivers, monthly stipend and/or books scholarships.
Please check back as we post jobs when they become available.
Athletics Marketing Internship
NAU Athletics Marketing is looking for students at NAU that are interested in the exciting career of college athletics in the field of marketing. This internship is a year-long commitment starting in August of 2016 and going through May of 2017. Students must be energetic, and eager to learn in a fast paced environment. There is a chance to earn a tuition waiver determined by the Athletics Marketing staff. Interested candidates should email their resume to Athfirstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain opened until filled.
Louie the Lumberjack Position
Do you have the spirit of the Lumberjack? NAU Athletics is seeking a highly-motivated, energetic and spirited student to fill the Louie the Lumberjack position. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, is physically fit and has a creative personality.
- Perform as “Louie the Lumberjack” Mascot at athletics events and community events.
- Commit entirely to the assigned scheduled opportunities for “Louie” to appear at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Assist in creating routines for promotional entertainment.
- Commit to appearances at campus and community events to promote school spirit.
- Create a fun and entertaining experience by personally interacting with Lumberjack fans on and off campus
- Work events throughout the year, including summer if applicable.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings
- Provide timely communication with athletics marketing staff
- Full-time NAU student
- Ability to work required events on scheduled nights and weekends
- Comfortable performing in front of large crowds
- Outgoing, dependable and committed with a willingness and desire to have fun
- Strong communication skills, verbal and non-verbal
- Physically fit and can deal with heat well
- Ability to handle the demands of a full body costume
- Mascot experience preferred, not required
Please submit a resume and answer the question, “Why do you want to be Louie the Lumberjack?” in two paragraphs or less to Will Price, Director of Marketing at Athemail@example.com . Applications will be open until Friday April 15th, 2016 and auditions will be held at the Skydome on April 20th, 2016.
Equal Employment OpportunityNorthern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.