• Matt Howdeshell is in his fourth season as the director of football operations after joining the program in June 2011.
• He directs the internal and external administration of the daily football operations, while overseeing the program’s budget and coordinating and planning all phases of team travel.
• His job duties also include serving as a liaison for the football program to all support groups, the athletic administration and various groups across campus. He assists with the NAU Football social media pages and the NAU Football blog, providing content, photos, and video.
• Previously served as the video coordinator for the athletic department in the spring of 2011. While serving as the video coordinator, he was responsible for coordinating filming and editing of football practices while also overseeing the filming of home games for multiple NAU athletic teams.
• Prior to NAU, he was the video coordinator and assistant to the director of football operations at Missouri State University. While serving as the video coordinator at Missouri State he was responsible for handling the day-to-day operations of the video staff, hiring and training student workers, organizing and maintaining the video server, entering self and opponent scout information, and providing 24-hour computer technical support to the coaching staff. He was also responsible for assisting the coaches with operations duties in budgeting, and team travel. He started as a student assistant with the Missouri State program in 2006.
• A member of the American Football Coaches Association.
• Earned a master’s degree from Northern Arizona in educational leadership in 2013.
Matt Howdeshell, Director of Football Operations
Born: April 8, 1988
College: Missouri State University, 2010
||Missouri State University, Student Assistant|
|2008-10||Missouri State University, Video Coordinator & Assistant to the Director of Football Operations|
|2011||Northern Arizona University, Video Coordinator|
|2011 - Pres.||Northern Arizona University, Director of Football Operations|