Walk-on Policy & Procedure
Requirements to Walk-on
1. It is required that anyone interested in walking on to the Northern Arizona University (NAU) Women’s Basketball team have competed in at least one of the following:
- 2 seasons of varsity basketball at their respective High School
- 1 season of competitive basketball at a Junior College or University
2. Athletes interested in trying out must make contact with a member of the coaching staff within two weeks of the first day of the Fall semester.
3. It is the responsibility of the athlete to be certified and eligible through NAU and the NCAA Eligibility Center prior to the tryout process.
4. Once certified, the athlete will then be put through individual workouts, evaluated by the entire coaching staff. Following that, athletics will be informed in a timely manner of the final roster.
All walk-ons will be required to follow the same academic standards as current members of the team. They are as follows:
All athletes are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
All athletes must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits (15 credits recommended)
All athletes must complete their daily classes by a designated time.
Once all contact information is collected and proof of certification is received, a schedule will be put together and all candidates will be notified of the days and times they can come to the gym. Candidates are required to show up at their scheduled time.
The NAU Coaching Staff reserves the right to use their discretion in accepting athletes into the program.