Game 10 Information
Opponent: Northern Colorado
Date/Time: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013/4:05 p.m.
Location: Flagstaff, Ariz. (Walkup Skydome)
Radio: KBTK 105.1 FM
Sodexo Lumberjack Radio Network
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
Play-by-play - Mitch Strohman
Analyst - Kevin Stephens
Sideline - Reggie Eccleston and Kara Hammer
Audio Stream: www.BigTalkerRadio.com
Video Stream: www.NAU-TV.com and www.WatchBigSky.com
Television: FOX Sports Arizona PLUS, FOX College Sports Pacific and NAU-TV
On The Web: Live stats: www.NAUAthletics.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 91-87 in 16 seasons; At NAU: same)
UNC: Earnest Collins Jr. (Career: 14-37 in five seasons; At UND: 6-26)
Against UNC: 14th Meeting
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – No. 12/13 Northern Arizona Lumberjacks host Northern Colorado on Nov. 16 for Senior Day. Saturday is also Youth Football and Red Ribbon Day. Kickoff at the Walkup Skydome is set for 4:05 p.m.
The Lumberjacks (7-2, 5-1 Big Sky) are ranked No. 12 in The Sports Network and No. 13 in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision coaches poll, both of which were released on Monday.
Saturday's game will be broadcast live on KBTK 105.1 FM and www.BigTalkerRadio.com and Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM. Mitch Strohman will be providing play-by-play and Kevin Stephens will be doing color commentary. The game will be televised live on FOX Sports Arizona PLUS (DISH: 445 SD and DirecTV: 695 SD and 695-1 HD). FOX College Sports Pacific will also air the game live. Live stats are available on www.NAUAthletics.com. Fans can watch online at www.NAU-TV.com and www.WatchBigSky.com.
The Lumberjacks look to earn their fifth win at home this year to finish undefeated in the Walkup Skydome this season. The last time NAU played at home, the Lumberjacks defeated North Dakota 48-27. NAU is on a four-game win streak dating back to Oct. 12.
Northern Colorado (1-9, 0-5 Big Sky) is on a nine-game losing streak, as it is in search of its first conference win this season. The last time Northern Colorado won a road game was on Nov. 12, 2012 at Weber State (42-34).
The first 3,000 fans will receive a one time (no card required) shopping voucher to Sam's Club. Fans attending the game will have the opportunity to win NAU gear, AZ Snowbowl ski passes, and much more. Fan raffle sign-up will be at the main entrance on the East Side of the Walkup Skydome.
Food, fun and excitement from the Coors Light Fan Fest goes from noon to 4 p.m. and is located right outside the Walkup Skydome. The Coors Light Fan Fest offers a variety of options. Beers from Coors Light, Miller Lite and Blue Moon are available for just $3! Food is served inside Fan Fest from NAU's own WTF Truck. This game Fan Fest will feature LIVE college football games on our large outdoor screen, the NAU Bounce House, face painting, music and so much more! Be at the Coors Light Fan Fest no later than 1:45 p.m. to catch the football team for the Lumberjack Walk. Fan Fest is FREE for all to attend.
The NAU Army ROTC has arranged for the AH 64 Helicopter Flight Simulator, the OH 58 Helicopter Flight Simulator, and the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Flight Simulator to come to the Flagstaff campus for Fan Appreciation Day!
Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado will compete for the 14th time in school history.
Lumberjacks in the Polls
There was a slight shift in the national rankings this week as the Northern Arizona football team saw their playoff chances increase over the weekend. Despite a bye week for the Lumberjacks, NAU moved up two spots in The Sports Network poll to No. 12, and one spot in the FCS Coaches Poll to No. 13. The College Sports Madness poll has NAU slated ninth.
• Saturday's game will be the 14th meeting between the two teams.
• NAU has won the last 10 meetings versus the Bears, as it leads the all-time series, 11-2.
• NAU is tied for second in the league standings with a 5-1 conference mark.
• Northern Colorado is 1-9 in the Big Sky with a 0-6 conference record.
• The Bears are on a nine-game losing streak after winning their season opener.
• Both NAU's Lucky Dozier and UNC's Kyle Griffin are tied for third in the league in interceptions with three apiece.
• NAU is undefeated at home this season with a 4-0 record.
• The Lumberjacks have been ranked in the top 25 all season long.
Did you know?
• On Sept. 28, 2013 senior running back Zach Bauman became the first player in NAU history to rush for 4,000 career yards.
• On Nov. 2 Zach Bauman became the ninth player in FCS history to rush for 1,000 yards four times.
• NAU leads the Big Sky with four pick-sixes.
• NAU's defense is led by junior Austin Hasquet, who has 71 tackles. The next nine top defensive stoppers are all seniors.