Northern Arizona (3-4, 2-2 BSC) vs. #10 Montana (5-1, 2-1 BSC)
Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016 • 4 p.m.
Walkup Skydome, Flagstaff, Ariz.
TV: FOX Sports AZ, FOX Sports San Diego
Radio: Flagstaff HITS 106.1 FM; Phoenix Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM; Prescott Area 97.9 FM Eagle Rocks; Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. KHAC 880 AM
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona continues home play this week when it welcomes No. 10 Montana to the Walkup Skydome. Kickoff for this Saturday's game is scheduled for a 4 p.m. kickoff. The first 2,000 fans in the building will receive an NAU pom pom.
• FOX Sports Arizona
• FOX Sports San Diego
• FUSD Red Ribbon
• Pom Pom Giveaway to All Fans
Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketing.nau.edu
The Opening Drive
• Saturday is the first time since the 2013 season that NAU and Montana will face off in Flagstaff. The last time the two teams played in the Walkup Skydome, NAU topped Montana 34-16.
• The Lumberjacks have won their last two Big Sky games. NAU's defense has been a major part of the victories having recorded 10 sacks; seven of those coming at the hands of senior defensive end Siupeli Anau.
• Head Coach Jerome Souers coached at Montana for 12 season prior to his arrival at NAU. He was an integral part in the Griz winning the 1995 National Championship.
• The NAU defense leads the Big Sky in sacks with 22 for a loss of 167 yards. Jake Casteel has a team-high 48 tackles, while Khalil Dorsey has recorded back-to-back interceptions in NAU's last two contests.
• Wide receivers Emmanuel Butler and Elijah Marks continue to be at the top of the conference rankings in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. The junior playmakers have combined for 1,047 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns.
• NAU has had 10 different players record a touchdown this season, led by Emmanuel Butler's eight receptions. Butler has 565 receiving yards, while teammate Elijah Marks has 570 receiving yards and five touchdowns. Running back Joe Logan leads the run game with four rushing touchdowns and 457 yards.
• Head Coach Bob Stitt is in his second season at the helm of the Griz football program. After going 8-5, 6-2 in the Big Sky a year ago, Stitt is right on track as Montana currently stands at 5-1, 2-1 in league play.
• UM is on a three-game win streak with its only loss of the season coming on the road at Cal Poly in 42-41 in Week 3. The biggest win of the season for the Griz is a 20-14 victory over Top 25 Northern Iowa.
• UM leads the all-time series 35-13. The Griz are on a one-game win streak over NAU. The last time UM beat NAU was on Sept. 26, 2015 in a 23-14 win in Missoula. The Griz last won in Flagstaff on Oct. 22, 2011, grabbing a 28-24 victory.
• The last time NAU and UM played in Flagstaff, the Lumberjacks knocked off the No. 7 Griz 34-16 in a game televised on ROOT SPORTS.
• Montana sophomore linebacker Josh Buss was named the ROOT SPORTS Big Sky Defensive Player of the Week for his efforts in the Grizzlies' 68-7 win over Sacramento State. Buss had 10 tackles, 4.5 tackles-for-loss, and a single sack.