• Enters his second season as the wide receivers coach at Northern Arizona University after being hired in February of 2013.
• Coached Nick Cole and Jesse Brantley to Big Sky Honorable Mention accolades in 2013. His receivers scored 11 of the team’s 13 receiving touchdowns, while four players registered 300 or more receiving yards on the season.
• Had a 10-year playing and coaching career at UC Davis under head coach Bob Biggs. He was the starting quarterback for the Aggies in 2007 under current NAU offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello and was also the backup for three seasons (2004-06). In his senior season, he completed better than 64 percent of his passes for 1,355 yards and 11 touchdowns.
• Began his coaching career as a volunteer assistant on the Aggie staff for the 2008 season before earning a full-time role as quarterbacks coach in 2009.
• Added responsibilities each season of his four-year stint, finishing as co-offensive coordinator and play caller for the 2012 season in the school’s first season in the Big Sky Conference. He started calling plays for the Aggies in 2011 and was also the pass-game coordinator for each of the last three seasons (2010-12).
• Set school records at Ramona High School for completions (312) and passing yards (5,005). He earned All-Valley League honors in both football and baseball as a senior. He added second-team All-San Diego Section distinction in 2002.
• Graduated from UC Davis in 2008 with a degree in history and earned his master’s degree in coaching education from Ohio University in 2012.
College: UC Davis, 2008
Playing Experience: UC Davis, 2005-08
Recruting Areas: Scottsdale/Phoenix HS (AZ), San Diego/Southern Cal HS (CA), Utah HS (UT), Snow College
Plough's Coaching Chronology
2008 UC Davis, Volunteer Assistant
2009 UC Davis, Quarterbacks Coach
Get to Know Coach Plough: