|Title:||Running Backs Coach|
• Begins his fifth season on the Northern Arizona University football staff as the running backs coach after joining the Lumberjacks in the fall of 2010.
• Coached Walter Payton Award candidate and All-American running back Zach Bauman into one of the top rushers in the nation. Bauman, who signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals, is the only NAU running back to rush for 1,000 yards in all four seasons; and only the ninth player in FCS history to accomplish the feat. He finished his career with four of the top 15 best rushing marks in a season, three of the top 10 carries in a season and two of the top three rushing touchdowns in a season.
• The four-time All-Big Sky selection holds the freshman rushing record of 1,059 yards. Bauman eclipsed the 4,000 and 5,000 career rushing yards marks – the only player in NAU history to do so. He holds the NAU record for career rushing yards (5,132), career carries (1,001), career all-purpose yards (6,316), and career points scored (311). He registered 24 100-yard rushing games and four 200-yard rushing games during his career.
• Coached at the University of Redlands, where he worked with the defensive backs in the spring of 2010. Prior to Redlands, he was a graduate assistant at Texas State University in 2009 and worked as the running backs coach at Rocky Mountain College in Billings under current NAU assistant David Reeves in 2008.
• Beal began his football coaching career at Rocky Mountain coaching the receivers from 2005-07. He also coached the sprints at Montana State-Billings from 2006-09.
• Beal played collegiately at Montana State from 2002-04 before joining Reeves’ team at Rocky Mountain College. He was named the most valuable player and most valuable running back in 2006.
• Graduated from Montana State with
a degree in art education and minor in coaching in 2006. He
received his master’s degree in sport management from Montana
State-Billings in 2009.
Born: Oct. 22, 1984
College: Montana State University-Bozeman, 2007; Montana State University-Billings, 2009
Playing Experience: Montana State 2002-04, Rocky Mountain College, 2005-06
West Valley HS (AZ), Inland Empire (CA), Washington HS (WA)
Beal’s Coaching Chronology
|2005-07||Rocky Mountain College, Wide Receivers|
||Rocky Mountain College, Running Backs|
||Texas State University, Graduate Assistant|
||University of Redland, Defensive Backs|
|2010-Pres.||Northern Arizona University, Running Backs|