Where: at Southern Utah (1-10, 0-2 Big Sky)
Cedar City, Utah • Centrum Arena
When: Jan. 13 at 7 p.m.
All-Time Series: NAU leads 13-10
Radio: KBTK 105.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
Sodexo Lumberjack Radio Network
Mitch Strohman – Play-By-Play
Dave Brown – Color Analyst
Audio Stream: www.BigTalkerRadio.com
Video Stream: www.WatchBigSky.com
Live Stats: www.suutbirds.com
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona men's basketball team will hit the road for its third Big Sky away game with a matchup at Southern Utah on Monday night. Tip-off at Centrum Arena is set for 7 p.m.
NAU is currently tied for third in the league with a 2-1 conference record. The Lumberjacks are 1-1 on the road in conference play. The upperclassmen quarter of Quinton Upshur, Max Jacobsen, Aaseem Dixon and Gaellan Bewernick look to lead NAU to its third conference game. The Lumberjacks are one of two teams in the league to earn a conference road contest this season.
Breaking Down Southern Utah
Southern Utah (1-10) is in search of its first Big Sky win after starting conference play 0-2. The Thunderbirds will host Sacramento State on Saturday, before hosting NAU on Monday. SUU has won the last two meetings. NAU is 3-7 versus the Thunderbirds in Cedar City, but have won five out of the last seven meetings. Trey Kennedy leads the T-Birds with an average of 10.9 points per game. The T-Birds average 56.4 points per game as a team.
Fans can listen to the game on KBTK 105.1 FM, MoneyRadio 1510 AM and 99.3 FM or online at www.BigTalkerRadio.com. Live video of the game can be found at www.WatchBigSky.com.
• NAU stunned reigning Big Sky Champion Montana on Jan. 2 to hand the Grizzlies their first conference loss in Dahlberg Arena in 31 games. The win was NAU's third straight Big Sky opening win.
• Head coach Jack Murphy is in his second season at the helm of the men's basketball team.
• Quinton Upshur leads NAU with 14.4 points per game.
• Upshur, Max Jacobsen, Aaseem Dixon and Gaellan Bewernick have all scored 20 or more points in a single game this season.
• The Lumberjacks were picked to finish seventh in the Big Sky Conference by the media and ninth by the league coaches.
Follow us on Twitter @NAUBasketball