Where: vs. Portland State (11-10, 6-6 Big Sky)
Portland, Ore. • Peter W. Stott Center
When: Feb. 13 at 8:05 p.m. MT
All-Time Series: PSU leads 22-19
Where: vs. Eastern Washington (10-13, 5-7 Big Sky)
Cheney, Wash. • Reese Court
When: Feb. 15 at 3:05 p.m. MT
All-Time Series: NAU leads 35-26
Radio: KBTK 105.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
Sodexo Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play - Mitch Strohman
Analyst - Dave Brown
Audio Stream: www.BigTalkerRadio.com
Video Stream: www.WatchBigSky.com
Live Stats: www.goviks.com and www.goeags.com
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona (10-13, 7-5 Big Sky) men's basketball team will travel to Portland State (11-10, 6-6 Big Sky) on Thursday, Feb. 13 to take on the Vikings at 8:05 p.m. MT at the Peter W. Stott Center. The Lumberjacks will then head to Eastern Washington on Saturday, Feb. 15 to face the Vikings (10-13, 5-7 Big Sky) at 3:05 p.m.
The Lumberjacks defeated both Portland State and Eastern Washington at home in the beginning of conference play, but now Northern Arizona must beat both teams on their territory. Big Sky home teams have held the advantage all season. The Vikings are 5-1, while the Eagles are 4-1.
Northern Arizona is in a four-way tie for second place in the conference. The Lumberjacks are 2-4 in league play on the road. Junior guard Quinton Upshur leads NAU in scoring with 15.7 points per game. Senior forward Max Jacobsen (13.0 ppg) and junior guard Aaseem Dixon (12.8 ppg) round out the top three scorers.
Breaking Down Portland State
Flashback to January 18 and NAU defeated the Vikings 77-56 at home. Four players scored in double figures as NAU shot 58.9 percent from the floor. Portland State leads the all-time series 22-19, including a 15-4 edge in Portland. The Vikings are 5-1 at home in league play. The Vikings are 6-6 in league play and have dropped their last two contests. PSU is shooting 72.7 percent in all games and 72.3 percent in conference games. Tim Douglas is the Vikings leading scorer at 13.1 points per game.
Breaking Down Eastern Washington
Flashback to January 16 and Quinton Upshur dropped 26 points on the Eagles, to lead NAU to an 84-65 win. NAU holds a 35-26 advantage all-time versus the Eagles. Eastern Washington leads the series in Cheney, 12-17. The Eagles tied for ninth place in the league standings with a 5-7 record. Eastern Washington fell in its last outing, but is 4-1 at Reese Court in conference play. Guard Tyler Harvey leads the league in scoring with 21.2 points per game.
• The Jacks are in a four-way tie for second in the Big Sky with Montana, Northern Colorado and North Dakota.
• Senior Max Jacobsen returns home to Oregon for his final game at Portland State.
• NAU's win over Portland State on Jan. 18 marked the first time NAU began Big Sky play 5-1 since the 2007-08 season.
• NAU stunned reigning Big Sky Champion Montana on Jan. 2 to hand the Grizzlies their first conference loss in Dahlberg Arena in 31 games. The win was NAU's third straight Big Sky opening win.
• Quinton Upshur leads NAU with 15.7 points per game. Upshur is the only NAU player to cross the 30-point threshold this season.
• Five Lumberjacks have scored 20 or more points in a single game this season.
• The Lumberjacks were picked to finish seventh in the Big Sky Conference by the media and ninth by the league coaches.
Follow us on Twitter @NAUBasketball