FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Two non-conference games remain for Norther Arizona as it travels to UTEP for a night game this Saturday. The Lumberjacks and Miners are set to tip-off at 7 p.m. MST.
Saturday's game can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be watched online by clicking here. The game will not be televised.
• Jordyn Martin posted his fourth double digit scoring performance of the season and third 20-point scoring game to lead NAU in its last game. He added 10 rebounds for his third double-double of the season.
• Standout freshman JoJo Anderson tallied 12 points and 10 assists in NAU's last game to come alive on the court in his fifth start of the year.
• The Lumberjacks are ready to snap a four-game losing streak, after falling to Little Rock by five on Wednesday night. NAU is in search of its first true road win this season.
• Saturday marks the first time since 1962 that the two teams face each other. UTEP holds the all-time series edge 18-9. NAU has not won in El Paso since 1951.
• The Miners have won the last two meetings against NAU. The last time NAU played UTEP, it fell 88-55 in El Paso. The last time NAU beat UTEP was in 1958 with a 76-55 win. The Lumberjacks have not won in El Paso since 1951 when it came away with a 64-62 road victory.
• The Miners are on a five-game losing streak entering Saturday's game. UTEP is 1-3 at home this season, after opening the season with a home win against Louisiana College (W, 88-54). The Miners only other win this season is an 85-75 win over Western Michigan on Nov. 18.
• Omega Harris leads UTEP with 16.9 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. Dominic Artis is second on the team in scoring with 15.3 points, but leads the Miners in rebounds (6.5), assists (8.0) and steals (2.6). He has also scored in double figures seven out of the eight games this season for the Miners.
• Head Coach Tim Floyd is in his seventh season at UTEP with a 124-83 overall record. NAU is the only Big Sky school on UTEP's schedule this season.
The Lumberjacks will travel to UIC (Dec. 20) for its final non-conference match-up.