FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – After some shake-ups in this week's scheduling due to bad weather in the northwest, Northern Arizona will get a chance to play at home this week when it welcomes Sacramento State this Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at the Walkup Skydome. NAU's game versus Portland State will be played on Monday at 3:30 p.m.
Saturday's game can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman and NAU Hall of Famer Dan McClintock on the call. Monday, Strohman will be joined by Dave Brown. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be viewed online at WatchBigSky.com. The games on Saturday and Monday will both be televised on FOX Sports Arizona and FOX College Sports Pacific.
• Marcus DeBerry came alive at North Dakota knocking down five 3-pointers to tie his career-high of 19 points, then added 17 more points at Northern Colorado.
• Mike Green joined the sharp shooting as he notched a career-high 31 points, including six treys at Northern Colorado.
• NAU is one of three Big Sky teams looking for its first league win this season. The 'Jacks last conference win was on Feb. 18, 2015 in a 72-70 victory over Idaho State at home.
• NAU is 13-7 all-time versus Portland State in Flagstaff. The Lumberjacks have won the last three meetings against the Vikings in the Walkup Skydome.
• NAU is 20-2 all-time against Sacramento State in Flagstaff. The 'Jacks last loss to the Hornets at home was Feb. 26, 2005; 87-86.
Scouting Sacramento State
• The Lumberjacks host Sacramento State on Saturday, Jan. 14. The Hornets are 4-11, 1-3 in Big Sky play, after topping Southern Utah Thursday night 88-83 for their first Big Sky win of the season. The victory snapped a four-game losing streak and marked Sacramento State's first road win of the season.
• Four players finished in double figures, including Nick Hornsby's double-double of 28 points and 14 rebounds. He went 7-for-14 from the field and 13 of 19 from the charity stripe to lead the Hornets. Sacramento State shot 56 percent from the floor and scored 34 points in the paint to edge Southern Utah.
• Justin Strings ranks 12th in the Big Sky and leads the Hornets in scoring at 15.3 points per game. He's averaging 6.3 boards per game and has recorded nine blocked shots. Marcus Graves (11.6), Hornsby (11.1), and Eric Stuteville (10.1) are all averaging double digits in scoring.
Scouting Portland State
• NAU's game versus Portland State that was scheduled for Jan. 12 was moved to the 16th due to bad weather in Portland. The Vikings (9-5, 2-1 BSC) are coming off an 83-76 win over Sacramento State last week. PSU's other conference win this season was a 99-62 win in its league opener against North Dakota. The Vikings fell to Northern Colorado, 73-59, on Dec. 31 for its lone Big Sky loss.
• The Vikings have won as many as five straight games this season, led by Calaen Robinson. He's averaging 14.8 points and 2.5, starting all 14 games for Portland State. The Vikings have six total players averaging double digits in scoring, as the team is scoring 87.9 points per outing and holding its opponents to an average of 78.2 ppg.Head Coach Tyler Geving is 104-121 at the helm of the program and 57-70 in Big Sky games over seven years.