FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona (7-19, 4-9 BSC) gets this weekend going with an away game at Southern Utah (4-22, 2-11 BSC). Tip-off at the Centrum Arena in Cedar City, Utah is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Saturday's game can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. Both games can be viewed online at WatchBigSky.com.
• Northern Arizona embarks on a three-game road swing for its final away series of the regular season. Trips to Southern Utah, Sacramento State and Portland State await the 'Jacks.
• Senior forward Jordyn Martin has been playing like an all-conference honoree these past few weeks. Martin leads NAU with 12.7 points per game and is the league's top rebounder at 8.9 boards per outing.
• Saturday marks the second meeting of the season for NAU and Southern Utah. Last time out, Martin tallied 27 points and eight rebounds, JoJo Anderson scored 18 points, and the Lumberjacks fell to the Thunderbirds, 93-80 at the Walkup Skydome on New Year's Eve.
• NAU leads the all-time series versus Southern Utah, 16-12. The Thunderbirds have been victorious in the last two meetings, but the last time the two teams played in Cedar City, the Lumberjacks grabbed the 73-63 win.
Scouting Southern Utah
• The Lumberjacks seek revenge against Southern Utah on Saturday. The Thunderbirds captured a 13-point win over NAU to open up Big Sky play. In that game, Randy Onwuasor registered 37 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Thunderbirds to victory. James McGee added 32 points and five rebounds. Southern Utah shot 76 percent from the floor to win its second consecutive game against the Lumberjacks dating back to last season.
• Southern Utah enters Saturday's game on an 11-game losing streak. The Thunderbirds last victory was on Jan. 5. Southern Utah opened Big Sky play with a pair of wins over NAU and Northern Colorado. Since then, the Thunderbirds have come up empty, dropping seven of the 11 contest by double digits.
• Onwuasor leads the Big Sky at 23.1 points and is averaging 6.8 rebounds per game. Onwuasor has recorded six 30-plus point games this season and five with 20 or more points.
Up Next – Sacramento State/Portland State
• The Lumberjacks' final two regular season away games will be at Sacramento State (9-14, 6-6 BSC) and Portland State (12-11, 5-7 BSC). NAU fell to Sacramento State, 74-62, on Jan. 14 in Flagstaff. The Lumberjacks beat Portland State, 83-76 on Jan. 16 at home. It was the first conference home win of the season for NAU, as it sparked a four-game home winning streak.