FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – This week the Northern Arizona men's basketball team will host Idaho on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. and Eastern Washington on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. for Senior Day. Both games will take place at the Walkup Skydome to close out regular season play before the Big Sky Tournament starts next week in Reno, Nev.
Both games this week can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 105.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman and Dave Brown on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be viewed online at WatchBigSky.com. Both games will be televised on FOX Sports AZ and FOX College Sports Pacific.
Faculty and Staff Appreciation Game
OneAZ Rally Towel Giveaway to All Fans
$5 Game Tickets
Kiss My Axe T-Shirt Giveaway to Students
• Northern Arizona (8-21, 5-11 BSC) closes out the regular season this week with games against Idaho and Eastern Washington. The 'Jacks fell to both teams in mid-January on the road.
• NAU split last week with an away win at Sacramento State, before falling at Portland State two days later.
• Senior forward Jordyn Martin leads NAU with 13.0 points and 8.7 boards per outing.
• Last time out versus the Vandals, Martin had a double-double of 15 points and 10 boards.
• NAU is 19-39 all-time versus Idaho. The series is tied 14-14 in games played in Flagstaff.
• Against Eastern Washington, the Lumberjacks are 36-31 all-time and 22-9 in Flagstaff. NAU has dropped the last four meetings versus the Eagles.
• Saturday is Senior Day for the Lumberjacks.
• Idaho arrives at the Skydome having won its last two games. It's coming off home victories against Idaho State and Weber State. With a 15-12 overall record and 10-6 Big Sky mark the Vandals are tied for fourth place with Montana State. Idaho is 3-4 in conference road games this season having lost the previous two.
• Trevon Allen led Idaho to an 83-78 overtime win over third-place Weber State on Saturday. Allen notched 25 points on 4-for-8 shooting and a perfect 14 of 14 performance from the free throw line.
• The Vandals have won as many as four straight games this season, led by Victor Sanders. He's averaging 21.6 points and 3.2 rebounds, and has started 26 games for Idaho. He leads a Vandal scoring effort that is averaging 73.3 points per game.
• The last time NAU and Idaho played on Jan. 22, the Vandals' bench produced 35 points to lead the home team past Northern Arizona, 65-49. Ako Kaluna finished with 16 points and seven rebounds, while Jordyn Martin notched a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds. Brayon Blake had a career-high 18 points for Idaho off the bench.
Up Next –Eastern Washington
• The Lumberjacks welcome second-place Eastern Washington (20-9, 12-4 BSC) at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. NAU fell to the Eagles 84-62 on Jan. 19 in Cheney, as it looks to redeem itself. The Eagles enter this week on a four-game win streak.