Men's Tennis Drops 6-1 Decision to Montana State
BOZEMAN, Mont. – Northern
Arizona men’s tennis suffered its second consecutive loss
with a 6-1 loss to Montana State on Saturday. Despite the defeat,
the Lumberjacks closed the conference season with a winning record
and a seed in the Big Sky Championships.
NAU (7-17, 5-3 BSC) opened league play with a 5-1 record, but have since dropped their last two matches. The Lumberjacks have been brilliant at home (5-0) yet have managed a 2-17 mark in road and neutral matches.
Andrew Reiff recorded NAU’s only point with a three-sets win over Montana State’s Corey Smith. Reiff continues to impress in his freshman year posting a 7-1 record in Big Sky play.
The Lumberjacks finished the regular season on Saturday and will prepare for the Big Sky Championships on April 24.
Match 24: Montana State 6, NAU 1
Apr 11, 2009 at Bozeman, Mont.
1. REIFF, Andrew (NAU) def. SMITH, Corey (MSUM) 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (8-6)
2. DYBALA, Jakub (MSUM) def. ARENA, Chris (NAU) 6-3, 7-5
3. TURZANSKI, Pawel (MSUM) def. FLODBERG, David (NAU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
4. KEYES, Fletcher (MSUM) def. PEZZUTTO, Robin (NAU) 7-5, 6-2
5. FUENTES, Alberto (MSUM) def. VISAGIE, Jaco (NAU) 6-3, 6-3
6. FERRERO, Esteban (MSUM) def. TRACY, Jake (NAU) 6-3, 1-6, 10-8
1. DYBALA, Jakub/TURZANSKI, Pawel (MSUM) def. FLODBERG, David/TRACY, Jake
2. FUENTES, Alberto/SMITH, Corey (MSUM) def. REIFF, Andrew/PEZZUTTO, Robin
3. ARENA, Chris/VISAGIE, Jaco (NAU) def. KEYES, Fletcher/PERKINS, Myles
Northern Arizona 7-17, 5-3 BSC