LOGAN, Utah – The Northern Arizona women's tennis team closed out its three-match road trip traveling back to the state of Utah to face Utah State and the Aggies ended the Lumberjack's two-match winning streak as NAU suffered a 4-1 loss.
The Lumberjacks were in Utah yesterday as they defeated Weber State and after today's win at Idaho State, the Lumberjacks traveled back to Logan to take on the Aggies.
The Lumberjacks were not able to come away with a win in doubles to start out the match as the Aggies took two out of the three matches. The Lumberjacks were up 7-2 in the No. 2 matchup from Johanna Vang and Sarah Maria Spruch but the match did not finish since the Aggies had already clinched the doubles point.
Utah State took three of the six singles matches to come away with the 4-1 win over NAU. The Lumberjack's lone win came from Hailey Rochin at the No. 4 position as she defeated the Aggies' Katie Sweet 6-4, 6-4.
The bigger news is that today, the Lumberjacks clinched a spot in the Big Sky Championships as they currently sit 6-2 in the conference after today's win over Idaho State.
The Lumberjacks will play one match next week against Sacramento State. It will also be senior day for lone senior Tatum Rochin.
- Mckenzie Davis/Kallie Sperry (USU) def. Emelia Box/Hailey Rochin (NAU) 8-2
- Johanna Vang/ Sarah Maria Spruch (NAU) & Amber Stuhlmann/Katie Sweet (USU) 7-2 DNF
- Nini Guensler/Lexi Turley (USU) def. Tatum Rochin/Jordan Denesik (NAU) 8-0
- Mckenzie Davis (USU) def. Johanna Vang (NAU) 6-3, 6-0
- Kallie Sperry (USU) def. Emelia Box (NAU) 6-4, 6-3
- Nini Guensler (USU) & Jordan Denesik (NAU) 6-7, 6-2, 4-1 DNF
- Hailey Rochin (NAU) def. Katie Sweet (USU) 6-4, 6-4
- Lexi Turley (USU) def. Sarah Maria Spruch (NAU) 6-1, 6-3
- Tatum Rochin (NAU) & Amber Stuhlmann (USU) 5-5 DNF